Hey everyone, I wanted to point out that I just found out I assigned this topic on World Mental Health Day - October 10th.
The next blog assignment will be due Wednesday afternoon October 18th, not before. Your essay must be posted to the blog website by Wednesday afternoon to receive full credit.
- To correctly utilize online resources
- To provide a character analysis using psychological framework
- To write integrating text
Research one of the following psychological phenomena and provide a diagnosis of Holden Caulfield. State how Holden displays traits of your chosen psychological phenomena and using the text, provide insight into why Holden may have this trait and how this phenomena affects Holden’s relationships, sense of self, and/or maturing.
To structure your essay,
1) Describe your chosen psychological topic.
2) Provide evidence of Holden having this psychological phenomena. (You may wish to highlight areas in which Holden does not display traits.)
3) Using text, analyze why Holden may have this issue. (AVOID GENERALIZATIONS!)
4) What are the effects of this phenomena on Holden and others in the text?
Sections 2,3, and 4 could be separate paragraphs or combined together, depending on how you weave your evidence and analysis. Your conclusion should be a recommendation: After completing a psychological evaluation of Holden Caulfield, it is determined that…therefore, he should…
For your conclusion, research common treatments or medical plans to help an individual who may have this psychological phenomena.
You may choose one of the following to research:
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Borderline Personality Disorder
How to research:
I am not looking for an indepth understanding of the medical and psychological traits and aspects of these phenomena; however, I expect you to have a fair understanding of its causes, symptons, and treatments. To do so, I suggest looking at these websites:
APA Help Center
You will be graded by using a standard 10 point MCAS Rubric. The response should be 600 to 800 words in length. All quotes from the text, both online and from Salinger, must follow MLA format. You will turn in your works cited/consulted sheet and a copy of your research to me the day of the assignment.