Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Whirlwind Ending...

I have my final meeting with my advisor to solidify my reading list. Right now, it includes some Robert Cormier, Mark Twain, Nick Hornby, and, by my request, J.D. Salinger.

Yesterday, I attended a workshop on how movement helps character development. I never connected my theatrical world and my writing world. It was interesting how, even in writing, one needs to embody the physical character. I thought of Julie Taymore, my hero, and how I can apply her techniques of dance and acting to my writing.

Lunch with Chris Lynch and we discussed where I am going from here. I was excited and have most of my study plan worked out.

I was workshopped. Really positive stuff. I feel comfortable that I can go forward. People were laughing aloud at many of my passages. Very affirming.

Dinner was good - Quesadillas!!!

I am ready to teach! I can't wait to get back. It has been so long and Separate Peace needs some discussing!

-Mr. Walsh

No comments: